Moving internationally, make sure to look into import regulations and duties on your car.
12 weeks before you move, have you …
- Chosen your mover and booked your move?
- Sorted through basement, loft and garage?
- Resolved what to do with prohibited items?
- Made proper provision for pets?
- Decided whether or not you are taking your car?
10 weeks before your move, have you …
- Disposed of the things you don’t want to take?
8 weeks before you move, have you …
- Started to prepare your mailing list of people who need your change of address?
- Notified banks, savings accounts, credit card companies, magazine subscriptions, hire purchase and rental companies?
- Started to round up birth/marriage certificates and other family documentation?
- Checked that electrical goods will work in your new home?
6 weeks before you move, have you …
- Separated favorite items?
- Made sure your pet’s vaccinations are up to date?
- Arranged for mail to be forwarded?
- Decided whether or not to buy any new household goods – check tax refunds?
4 weeks before you move, have you …
- Decided which clothes travel with you?
- Started to dismantle climbing frames/garden furniture?
- Made arrangements of connection of services at your new home?
- Found new homes for your plants?
7 days before your move, have you …
- Planned simple meals for moving day to avoid using appliances?
- Separated luggage items you need for personal travel?
- Cleaned yard tools and any other gardening equipment?
- Emptied the tanks of gas-powered tools such as mowers, weedeaters, and generators?
- Checked you have enough medication for at least two weeks, and ensure you have copies of any necessary prescriptions for use at destination?
- RELAX! The family at G.E.T. Moving is coming to take your belongings to their new destination safe and sound.