Our team stands ready to protect your belongings!
Some types of items are impractical—or even illegal—to be carried on a moving truck. Doing so could put all of your belongings in danger.
Please watch our video about items we can and cannot carry.
Items that cannot be carried on a moving truck
Flammables and/or corrosives
- Acids, cleaning solvents, ammonia, liquid bleach, paint, varnish, paint thinner
- Fireworks, fire extinguisher, lighter fluid, matches, charcoal
- Gasoline or other fuels, motor oil, anti-freeze, propane tanks, kerosene, lamp oil, Sterno
- Aerosols, nail polish, nail polish remover
- Fertilizer, week killer, pesticides, poisons, pool chemicals
- Car batteries, household batteries
- Darkroom chemicals, chemistry sets, scuba tanks
- Loaded guns, reloading supplies
Plants and Foods
- LIVE PLANTS—NO live plants can be transported on the moving truck.
- Perishable food, produce
- Open food packages
- Frozen food can be transported in a freezer only if the distance is less than 150 miles and delivery will be completed within 24 hours of loading. The freezer must be at a normal deep-freeze temperature at the time of loading.
- Personal documents (birth certificates, marriage licenses, wills, insurance documents, passports, pink slips, car titles, employment records, school records, medical and dental records, professional files/research materials, anything with your Social Security number)
- Financial documents (checkbooks, checkbook registers, bank statements, financial statements, tax records, cash, credit cards, stocks and bonds, airline tickets)
- Collections (stamps, coins, baseball cards, etc.)
- Photos, photo albums
- Expensive jewelry
- Irreplaceable artwork or family heirlooms
- Expensive electronic devices (cell phones, laptops, e-books, computer backups,
- Prescription medications
- No live animals can be transported on a moving truck.